January 10, 2007
I live alone in an apartment.
At my family house, we have several female Filipina helpers – one of which comes to my apartment 3 or 4 times a week to clean and iron my clothes.
I just found out that she has been having an affair with the Bangladeshi Building Supervisor who lives downstairs.
1) This lady has been with us for a year. She previously had a dubious ‘affair’ with another Bangladeshi who was also living at our family house.
We were very firm but very fair with her the first time, stating clearly, that this was not acceptable behavior. The Bangladeshi Driver had to be released from his duties as the lady said that she had not incited this affair – she had been harassed into it.
2) The Bangladeshi supervisor (who lives downstairs in my building) has been previously warned by the residents for his ‘disappearing acts.’ When he was supposed to be working, he could often be found lying in bed a sleep – leaving his younger brother (who also works in the building) to do all the graft work.
So how did I find out about this 2 month affair?
Read the rest of this entry »
January 6, 2007
I was chatting with Mark over at 248 and he tells me that it was nice meeting me at the “Blogger’s Meet Up” that was held in Dunkin Donuts on Thursday night……Hmmm….that was interesting……especially as I was never in attendance of that meeting.
So apparently some dude sat at the meeting, with a name tag on his shirt – and my name on it.
We all know there are a lot of weird freaks in Kuwait. A lot of folks wouldn’t think twice about copying, stealing or plagiarizing an idea; but never would I have guessed that someone would have shown up pretending to be someone else – and of all places – at ‘A Blogger’s Meeting.’
Even with my twisted imagination, I cannot fathom what was going through the guys head.
I mean seriously, what if I’d of shown up!!??
I’ve contacted the Kuwaiti CID over this matter. They have promised a full investigation as soon as they have finished enjoying confiscating all the DVD’s that were heading to Virgin Megastore.
So… should I be amused, freaked out or simply flattered? What do you guys think?
December 14, 2006
I’ve been having some major sleeping problems over the last few months. I was waking up with terrible headaches and suffering from inexplicable brain-aches first thing in the morning.
It got to a point where as soon as I opened my eyes – my head would be buzzing.
I looked for the cause – and found it right under my bed!
It was the electrical power strip which has about 5 different plugs attached to it.
Now, whilst I’m no Doctor, I’m 100% positive this is not healthy in the long run!
I also found that sleeping next to my mobile phone gives me headaches.
I’m not sure if my head is overly sensitive – or if this is common amongst most people – but I advise you all to follow suit. Before I sleep nowadays – I switch off the Electric Strip and put my mobile on the floor – out of the way of my head.
No more headaches and I’m sleeping peacefully again. 🙂
p.s. I found this article on Fonzy’s Blog… pretty interesting…
December 13, 2006
Well, first off, I apologize for my hiatus. I needed some time off to rekindle my thoughts and look for more inspiration.
So check this out.
As you know, I was recently in Milan, Italy. I was walking down one of the narrow shopping streets when I came across the ‘Viktor and Rolf’ store. At first glance, well, things looked decidedly odd. After a second and more thorough look – I saw possibly one of the craziest, nuttiest shop designs ever……
Check out the pics below:
Read the rest of this entry »
November 6, 2006
If there is one thing I hate, and I mean hate more than anything – it’s people staring at me. Yesterday I was sitting in a restaurant in Marina with a couple of friends (one female) and these two idiots sat staring at us for the entire duration of their 45 minute meal. They barely said a word to each other – all they did was sit staring.
The restaurant was pretty empty, and they were sat directly across the room under an obtrusively bright light – it was a very uncomfortable feeling. I started to get seriously irritated.
A number of times I stared right back into their eyes until they flinched and looked away. I thought that would solve the problem, but to my shock – like a pack of apes ogling at a banana – they were back staring shortly thereafter. I must admit, by that time, I was ready to go over for a confrontation but thankfully they paid their check and left.
I have observed this behavior many times, and its most noticeable when you are part of ‘the seated crowd.’ Take a look at all the heads and eyes when a new person or ‘group’ enters the vicinity. All heads, in unison, will begin their stare down.
If people acted like this in any other part of the World – they would get bashed senseless. I have no idea why it’s so prevalent in our region…..From Kuwait to Beirut – people just love to stare.
p.s. I am a male, I was referring to us – rather than me personally!
October 21, 2006
It’s pretty funny. Most people seem to gain weight during Ramadan – but why so? If we are on a fast for 3/4 of the normal day – aren’t we supposed to eat less – therefore lose weight?
After many years of scientific research, I have come up with some groundbreaking and revolutionary Ramadan theories. Here are Dr.Toxy’s top ‘waistline killers’:
- Over Indulgence……When we do eat at 5:30pm,we over indulge on our portions. Where as on a normal day we eat 2 spoons of rice – during Ramadan, we eat 5 or 6 spoons of rice because we are feeling ‘so hungry.’ It’s normal for the human body to want to over eat because of our intrinsic, biological survival instinct. We want to pack in as much as possible because we fear not having ready access to food.
- Arabic Deserts….. OK, everyone knows that Ramadan deserts are the most tasty! But does anyone remember or even think about the calorie content of one of those delicious Ramadan deserts? Errr……not me…. We tend to forget that most deserts are laced with obscene amounts of Oil, Sugar, Cheese and Fat. I’m sure that those 3 innocent looking Knafeh’s on my plate contain more calories than 5 Big Mac Meals put together. (Ok I lied about this being a scientific test).
- Sleeping After Eating…….. After every heavy meal, we tend to feel a bit sleepy. That killer move is to go and sit on a comfortable couch under a dimly lit light with a slightly chilled A/C …You’re as good as gone – especially after your hard day’s work at the office. (Oh wait scratch that last point – Kuwait hibernates right?)
- Exercise …What Exercise?…….. I know, I know – we can’t go to the gym BEFORE Iftar because we can’t drink water. We’ll dehydrate and shrivel into a ball wont we?……Well, how about AFTER iftar?….I know, I know the gym will be too packed and the traffic will be even worse….. We wont be able to find a free machine will we? Well my scientific studies have concluded that everyone is thinking the same thing! I’ve found that no one is on the streets – and no one is at the Gym!
So here we are, end of the Fasting month….and sadly (as usual) the Jeans seem a bit tighter than usual…… This year hasn’t been too bad for me…. Only 2 kilo’s added to the poor waistline……the problem is that it will probably take until next Ramadan to lose them……Now what’s that saying? ‘Easy come, Easy Go?’…..erm yeh…………
September 11, 2006
Well, I’ve been in Europe over the last week so I apologise for no updates. I’ve got a few funny and interesting tales which I will be posting over the next few weeks…hello again!