Well, after much deliberation, I have finally decided on my favourite places to eat in Kuwait.
5. Entrecote – Having tried the food in the mother branch, located in Paris, I can tell you that the Kuwait branch successfully recreates that unmistakable taste. Not only is the meat tender and succulent, but that special green sauce is just irresistible – especially when served atop of those crispy, yellow french fries…..
4. Chilli’s – A great all round meal can always be had at Chilli’s. My favourite dish is the Crispy Chicken Salad. I simply love the taste of that crunchy chicken served upon fresh salad leaves and baby noodles…… I also have to give a special mention the boneless buffalo wings which are always a hot commodity at our table. I would also like to congratulate Chilli’s on having the best service in town. Always a timely, polite and friendly experience.
3. Maki – As far as Sushi goes, there are few restaurants which have managed to cause such a inexplicable ‘buzz’ despite its undeniably unimpressive location and cramped, awkward interior. Maki has been a firm favorite with the ‘in’crowd for quite sometime now. The pace isn’t slowing and the Maki train keeps chuggin’ on with new locations already opening. Ohhh….by the way, the Sushi is also pretty good too!
2. Buffalo’s – Probably the WORST service in town, but they sure do know how to make a good chicken sandwich. I would recommend the Buffalo’s chicken sandwich, a spicy flame grilled chicken served with curly fries and Blue Cheese Sauce. It’s hands down the best ‘chicken burger’ in town. An honorable mention must also go to the chicken wings which come doused in their trademark Buffalo Hot Sauce….. I can’t say I’m too much of a fan of their other food mind you.
1. Villa Fayrouz – Good service, excellent selection and fantastic Mezza dishes. We always order a selection of the same 10 cold / hot platters. Whilst the decor is hardly impressive, the overall Villa Fayrouz experience is always fantastic and most importantly tasty……well deserving of my top spot.
So there you have it…….given the timing, perhaps this isn’t the best moment to start fantasizing about food !? :-p